“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

In June 2010, I will be heading off to Ghana to do a medical internship. I'll be working in the Accra hospital shadowing local doctors, and on the weekends doing outreach programs at local orphanages:) I'm very excited and scared at the same time. I'm excited to be in a place and experience a life style very different from the one I am living now! When I return in September I will be doing a public health internship in Washington D.C, so hopefully I will be able to apply the lessons I learned in my undergraduate studies, and the experiences I learned in Africa.

Although I will not be focusing my medical internship on just HIV/AIDS, it will definitely be something I will be encountering everyday. And I will be getting a first hand experience how their public health system is run by seeing how the local citizens get basic medical care.

No comments:

Post a Comment