“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday, June 21, 2010

06/21/2010: Been Here One Month!

This weekend my roommate, Kelly, and I went to the Volta Region to meet up with some people I met on my week long Mole National Park trip. We got there around 5 on Friday night and they were swimming at a pool at the local hotel so we met up with them and this place was beautiful. The entire region is flanked by mountains and hills, it is amazing and the hotel was right next to the Volta River. They also had this mini zoo with monkeys, crocodiles, birds and some rodent type animals. We had dinner at the neighboring restaurant and watched the soccer game. The next day Kelly and I went to Kpetoe to visit her friend that is in the Peace Corps, we arrived just after 2pm and Ghana was playing against Australia (they tied  ), but we watched the game in a kenta cloth factory. Later that day we walked to Togo (a country right next to Ghana), you can see from the picture above that I am in two places at once  It was a pretty relaxing weekend and a very nice ride back!

Today at work, it was super busy! I got there around 9am and right away I was watching a woman deliver her baby and an abortion happening in the same room at the same time, then Kelly and Nick when into the surgical room to see a c-section (I have already seen one and will get 100 more chances to see more). When they were in the surgical room, I saw 2 other women give birth and learned how to wash a newborn and set up the delivery room for a new delivery (there are pictures above showing the room). It was such an interesting day and time flew by!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment