“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Budgeting

Time to budget for this trip...the financial aid office at our college needs this to determine how much aid we will get to go on trip. I'm seeing a lot of paper pushing to come, but I think if I can get a head start, when something goes wrong (which it will) I will have time to fix it.

So Projects Abroad has a lot things included in our program fee:

Total: $4,145.00 which includes the following
  • Accommodation
  • Food
  • Airport pick up and drop off
  • Full travel insurance
  • Medical insuranc
  • In-country induction with a staff member upon arrival
  • Support and 24 hour back-up from both our local and US/Canada staff
  • Personalized MyProjectsAbroad page
  • Pre-departure support from Desk Officer by email and phone
  • Visa support (if applicable)

Projects Abroad also sets up our flights, so I looked ahead to get an idea of what the cost it. I'll be flying out of Minneapolis, MN and if I flew with Delta it's around $1700.00 with one layover at JFK. Trying to prepare for a 16 hour fly :(

Other cost we have to think about it is:
  • Spending money
  • Clothing
  • Personal products
  • Transportation within Ghana
So I am trying to find out all prices for these things so I can hand in my budget report!

No comments:

Post a Comment