“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Less Then 3 Months Away!

Well some major changes have been happening...

1) I'm now going alone, which is totally fine because this trip means a lot to me and I want to make the most out of the trip. And it's traveling to a 3rd world country and if someone can't handle that, then this trip is not for them! So off I go...and I'm so excited :)

2) I'm getting my budget together and it's about $10,000 plus right now with program costs and all of the travel things I need. It's a lot of money, but I just don't think you can put a price on this trip

3) I got a scholarship from the Political Science department at my school!!!!!! It's $3,000 and I couldn't be happier! It will help out a lot

3) In about a week, I will get my Yellow Fever Shot...not looking forward to that. I have heard that it takes a lot out of you so I'm going to get it on a Friday and lay low for the weekend.

4) In April I will get my last shot, Hep B

5) I will be getting my financial aid set and getting my plane ticket booked :) I will be going home for two weeks to see my family and then OFF TO AFRICA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment