“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

2 Months Away

Well it's about 64 days away and I couldn't be more excited to take off. I have applied for a private student loan through Sallie Mae to help cover the costs of this trip and here is what I have come up with (hopefully it all gets approved by the Financial Aid office).

  1. Study Abroad Fee: $100.00
  2. Program Fee: $4,415.00
  3. Accommodations: included
  4. Meals: included
  5. On-Site Transportation: $450.00
  6. Airfare: est. $2,500.00
  7. Passport and passport photos: $110.00
  8. Visas: $90.00 (I need to renew my Visa while out in Ghana)
  9. Immunizations: $1,194.10
  10. Health Insurance: included
  11. Personal Spending Money: $2,520.00 ($210 a week, $30 a day)
  12. Other: $621.43
TOTAL: $11,606.37

While out in Ghana it will cost me about $10 to renew my visa including 2 more passport photos. My immunizations included the shots I talked about earlier and the malaria pill, Malarone, which cost $642.95 (for 100 pills), plus some prescriptions I had to get.

The website Lonelyplanet.com was a really helpful website about Ghana (you can choose whatever country you want) and it gave me the costs of transportation. I also decided to talk to other people that had been to Ghana and that was the most helpful part. Also my contact person from Projects Abroad in Ghana is incredibly helpful, so it is important to choose a program to go with that are good with communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment