“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Visa Application

Time to start my Visa application. I found the application for Ghana on my Projects Abroad website, but clearly people can find the proper work on the web. I also need to attach a letter of support from Projects Abroad that states I will be participating in their program. The application is pretty easy to fill out, it just needs to be in all capital letters. You need 4 copies (5 total), you send 3 plus the original application (I'm sending it to Washington D.C.) in a traceable envelope from UPS and you need to send a pre-paid, self addressed envelope with it so they can send your passport back to you. So here are things going with my Visa application:
  1. Visa Application (4 copies)
  2. 4 passport photos
  3. 4 letters of support from Projects Abroad
  4. Passport
  5. Pre-paid, self-addressed, traceable envelope
  6. $50 money order, cashiers check, or bank certified check (I got a money order from my bank).
It was about $62 to ship my Visa application ($28 there and $34 back)...pretty pricey, but I added some insurance for an extra $2 that will cover up to $200 if anything happens to my to my stuff. I mean my passport, photos, and the $50 money order was about $170 so $2 extra wasn't really like much of investment! I went to UPS and the lady there was really helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment