“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday, April 19, 2010

ONE MONTH

Wow...time flies, exactly one month until I leave for Africa. Not a lot has changed, mostly just waiting for loan to come in (which is did yesterday) and should get processed in the next couple of days. Then I will pay Projects Abroad and I will be all set to go :) I should be getting my placement and housing details very soon too (probably after I pay), so I am excited to see where I will be living and the place I will be working!!

I will fill my malaria pill prescription in the next week or two, get my last Hep. B shot on the 3rd of May, finishing packing my apartment all up, take my finals then go home to visit family before I leave...I think for the first time I am getting nervous. I'm certainly going to miss all my friends and family, but it's getting very real for the first time since I started planning this trip!

Other then that, just waiting for paperwork to go through and counting down the days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment