“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Friday, April 30, 2010

Stress, Stress, Stress

Well after a lot of stressful nights and days, it really does look like I am going to Africa in 20 days!!

But let's backup and tell you guys why I was so stressed out:

I got a SallieMae loan to help cover the costs of this trip and I was suppose to get my money on April 18th (which was a Sunday), so I gave them 2-3 business days to get my money to my school. When I found out that the money hadn't reached my school yet I called SallieMae and they said they forgot to release the money, but they would do it that day (Wednesday) just allow 2-3 business days. Allow I was upset over this, it was okay I could wait until Friday. So Friday comes and the money still hadn't gotten to my school, so I called again and I got the same story "sorry, we forgot to release the money, I will get a 24 hr work release and get the money to you on Monday." So here comes Monday and guess what, NO MONEY! So I call again, and they once again forgot. At this point I am more then frustrated with SallieMae and the run around they are giving me, more then a week late with my money and no one can explain it. So I go to my financial aid office and talk to my financial adviser, and he calls SallieMae. It turns out there was an internal problem within SallieMae and they just weren't handling the problem and they didn't know when I would be getting my money. Needless to say, my dreams of going to Africa were slipping, and I was in the process of finals and moving so this was the very last thing I wanted to deal with. But after a lot of phone calling, crying, freaking out and some very wonderful, wonderful people at my school it is all figured out :) My school is just advancing me my money and when my loan finally comes in they will just keep it. I am so blessed to have such great staff at my university and they couldn't have been more helpful...I truly appreciate everything they did for me.

SOOOOO....I'M LEAVING ON A JET PLANE TO AFRICA IN 20 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment